What they never tell you About Disputing Online
We all love technology! It has simplified our lives in so many ways. It is now hard to think of anything that we can’t solve by just clicking on the screen. Things seem so fast and easy when working on line that it is now our first to go option to completing our daily tasks.
This also applies when trying to dispute an item from our credit report. Disputing an item on line may seem like the fastest, hassle free way to do this, but there are a couple of things we need you to consider before disputing an item online.
1. When disputing online you agree to arbitration. Arbitration is a way to resolve disputes outside the courts, it is a negotiation between you and the credit bureau. But now, if you think about it, it doesn’t sound really fair, does it?
2. There is no paperwork to back you up. When you dispute an account on line, there is no written records on your dispute, this is specially important because the bureaus are tied to a timeframe to provide a resolution for your dispute.
3. You will not be able to dispute specific information within the listing. If the item is partially valid, but you need to dispute a wrong high balance, or a wrong opening date for the account, filing a dispute on line is definitely not an option. The online form gives you the opportunity to dispute the item as a whole, but it doesn’t have an option to dispute any details within that item.
4. Certain Disputes need to be filed in writing. When disputing about the consumers name, address or SSN it is mandatory that the dispute is filed in writing to be considered valid.
5. Hidden Clauses. We are now too familiar with the check box on our screen, we click and agree to the terms and conditions without reading the small print. Bureaus are including a clause on the online terms and conditions that states that if a consumer disputes an item on line that is verified later as valid, all rights to dispute this item again are waived.
Knowing this facts really changes the hassle free mentality we usually have about managing our lives on line, something as sensitive as our credit cannot be placed in jeopardy. We at 123 Credit Consultants have a team of credit experts ready to handle the entire process for you. Click below to schedule a consultation.